Historic Monuments and Markers - Sheshequin

Boulder and Tablet on Route 354

"The Sullivan Expedition against the Iroquois Indians. 1779. Sheshecunnuck, fifteen miles from Standing Stone, seventh and last encampment of Sullivan's Army on march from Wyoming to Teaoga, August 10, 1779, lay on these lowlands by the river. Marked by the Penna. Historical Commission and the Tioga Point Chapter, D.A.R., 1929"


Tablet on the Universalist Church on Route 354

"This building was erected in 1827 by the united efforts of the members, who made "Bees" to haul the stone, fell timber and make brick. Early Universalist preachers were Rev. Noah Murray, Rogers, Stacey, Thomas G. Ames, and Myra Kingsbury. The first Sunday School was conducted by Julia Kinney Scott in 1830. Erected by George Clymer Chapter, D.A.R. Eugenia Macfarlane Balch Fund."


Plaque (East side of SR 1043 in Sheshequin Township, 2.3 miles north of the bridge into Ulster)

"SULLIVAN EXPEDITION AGAINST THE IROQUOIS INDIANS, 1779. Sheshecunnunck. 15 miles from Standing Stone, seventh and last encampment of Sullivan's army on march from Wyoming to Teaoga August 10, 1779, lay on these lowlands by the river."

Dedicated 1929.

<< Return to Historic Monuments and Markers

2018 Bradford County Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Website Design by inCommand Technologies, Inc.